Are you planning a Turkey holidays? Have questions about traveling to Turkey such as Do I need a visa for Turkey? Does it need a Turkey visa for US citizens? Which documents require for turkey visa? What should be in your suitcase while in Turkey? So, you can find all about traveling to Turkey in this post.
Where is Turkey?
Turkey is surrounded by sea between Europe and Asia, is a country shaped bridge. Turkish culture has features from both European and Asian cultures. Most of its people are Muslim.
Notice: There isn’t any desert in Turkey
Notice: There isn’t any camel in Turkey, no one uses camels for transportation 🙂
What are Turkey visa requirements?
You need a visa to enter the Republic of Turkey. Also, there are countries that can enter without a visa with agreements, you can find the link to the official explanation in the rest of the article where you can find out which countries these are.
Turkey visa checklist
- Biometric photograph
- Hotel reservation or invitation
- Travel insurance
- Flight reservation
- Documents providing proof of income or savings
- Document supporting the return to the home country
Turkey visa requirements:
– If an invitation letter is submitted for a Touristic Visa application, it must include the inviting person’s TR Identity Number, a clear identity, the list of invitees, permanent address, contact number, length and purpose of stay and the affinity with the applicant must be stated in the letter. If the inviting side is an organization or a company, a tax registration certificate of the organization will be required. In the invitation letter it is also required for the inviting person/authority to pledge for covering victuals and accommodation expenses and for taking their own responsibility. The applicant is required to have sufficient and/or regular remunerations.
Turkey transit visa, business visa and etc. You can find more visa information in the official link.
Things to do in Turkey?
Do you ask yourself ‘Where should I go to in Turkey?’. Its have many answers. We can try to give you some recommendations. Let’s start;
The majority of tourists coming to Turkey have come to Istanbul. Istanbul is Turkey’s both industry and tourism capital. If you come to it for the first time, we recommend you to see the historical places in Istanbul.
You can find the marks of different civilizations on the historical walls of Hagia Sophia or you can witness the magnificent past of the Ottoman Empire in the Blue Mosque. You can also go to the Galata Tower and watch the unique Istanbul view with a delicious Turkish breakfast.
Check our Istanbul category for more amazing places.
Turkey is surrounded by sea and is experiencing the four seasons. For these reasons, it attracts the attention of tourists with its seas, ski resorts, and natural beauties.
1- Fethiye Ölüdeniz
You can go to Fethiye Ölüdeniz for swimming amazing water of the Mediterranean Sea, except this, Fethiye is also a suitable region for diving, water sports, camping, and trekking. One of the most suitable geographies for camping. You can swim while sniffing the smell of pine trees, wander through deserted ancient cities when the beaches are crowded, or fly over the beaches. For more info check our Fethiye post.
If you ask yourself ‘ What are things to do in Turkey?’, its first answer is visiting to Cappadocia.
As the sun rises in the morning, climb to the roof of your hotel. Probably sip your coffee while watching the moment when the balloons slowly start to heat with the first lights of the morning. Cappadocia is a fascinating place and offers you a visual show especially in the morning.
For more information about Cappadocia visit our Cappadocia post.
Alanya district of Antalya Province recognized all over the world is one of Turkey’s most important tourism centers. Alanya has touristic facilities that provide accommodation for every budget.
For more information visit the Alanya post
What can you take into Turkey?
What you can bring when coming to Turkey and how the amount should be. Can I bring my pet to Turkey? Here’s what we wrote into the list that can bring to Turkey;
- Items made of precious metals and stones of personal jewelry that do not exceed 15 thousand dollars and have no commercial purpose can be brought
- Chocolate and, sugar food, 2 kilos each of them
- Skincare products and, cosmetics, 5 pieces each of them
- You can only bring cats, dogs, birds, and fish from pets provided that the veterinary health report is provided. Cat, dog, bird 2 pieces; goldfish cannot exceed 10.
- Cigarette 600 pieces
- Cigar 50 pieces
- Tea and, coffee, up to 1 kilo of each
- Beverages whose alcohol level does not exceed 22 percent is 1 liter and those who exceed 22 percent 2 liters
- Perfume, cologne, essential oil, lotion, no more than 600 ml of each
- PC, 1 piece
- Mobile phone, 1 piece in two years
- Medicines used in personal treatment with a doctor’s report or prescription
- Meat and dairy products can not be brought !!
What do you need on your Turkey holidays?
Turkey is experiencing the four seasons, it is a country located in the central belt. Summers are hot and sunny, winters are snowy and rainy. In the southern part of it, near the city of Antalya, winter is mild and short-lived. Therefore plans to travel are important to make the correct choice of clothing while. We made a list of your suitcase or backpack should be in your clothes and belongings on the Turkey holidays.
What would you need while on Turkey holidays:
- Thin sweatshirts, 2 pieces
- T-shirt, 3-4 pieces
- Socks, 5-6 pieces
- Underwear, 6-7 pieces
- Pants oo jeans, 4-5 pieces
- Coat or jacket
- Pajamas, 2 pieces
- Sneaker and slipper
- Long skirt or dress (Required when visiting religious buildings such as mosques)
- Headscarf (Required when visiting religious buildings such as mosques)
Other things what you need in your vacation;
- Mobile phone
- Charger (Type F / 250V / 16 A)
- Turkish dictionary application
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
Turkey Food we recommend
- Turkish tea
- Turish cheeses
- Sucuk (Turkish sausage)
- Bazlama ( A kind of traditional bread)
- Honey and butter
- Turkish traditional jams
Turkish traditional Soups
- Kelle paça soup ( A kind of meat soup)
- İşkembe soup ( A kind of meat soup)
- Mercimek soup (Lentil soup)
Turkish main course
- Turkish kebaps
- Haydari ( Yoghurt based)
- Ezme ( Tomato and pepper based)
- Çerkez tavuğu ( chicken based)
- Babagannuş (Aubergine based)
Turkish desserts and drinks
- Turkish delight
- Turkish coffee
If you want to learn Turkish cuisine history and get more information, you can visit the link below;
Frequently asked questions about Turkey holidays
1-Do I need a visa for Turkey from USA?
-Yes. You can get more information with the following link;
2-Can I get my pet into Turkey?
-Yes, but you can only bring cats, dogs, birds, and fish.
3-Can I enter Turkey without a visa?
-Some countries can enter without a visa in Turkey.
4-Which countries can enter turkey without visa?
-You can find information about countries that can enter Turkey without a visa in the contents of the post above.
5-How much Turkey visa fees?
-Between $60 – $120
6-How long does turkey e visa processing time?
-You can get information with this link below;
7-How long does turkey visa processing time?
-You must apply at least 1 month before your travel date.
If you like this post, please leave a comment.